Registration deadline for the annual Research Exchange & Poster Competition has been extended to next Monday, May 13. Students from BC’s academic institutions will have an opportunity to present their research to our province’s scientific community. Cash prizes will be given for the top three posters.
Come showcase your research, talk with researchers from academia and industry, and connect with company representatives!
- Abstract submission deadline May 13, 2019 11:59 PM
- Abstracts must be submitted online using the Abstract Submission Form.
- Authors should be listed on the online registration form in the order they will appear on the poster
- 300 word limit abstract.
- While the project does not have to relate directly to Cannabis, it should include at least some application or reference to genomics techniques or concepts.
Post-doctoral, graduate, undergraduate, as well as project and platform technology research posters from across BC are invited. Breakfast, lunch, and coffee will be provided by Genome BC.
All topics in life science, medicine, and biotechnology are eligible for the competition, including pharmaceutical science, social science and humanities approaches to innovation in life sciences. Research posters are encouraged to include a genomics approach, which may be understood broadly to include genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and bioinformatics. The research topic does NOT have to be cannabis-related.
- Students should be prepared to present for 5-10 minutes (includes Q&A) about their poster to the judges.
- Each poster presentation will be assessed by at least two judges.
- The top five poster presenters may be asked to give a short 2 minute description of their projects at the end of the Genomics Forum to the entire audience.
- Students will also need to provide a PDF version of their poster so that the top 5 posters can be displayed as they are presented.
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd will be made by a selection of the judges and Genome BC’s Chief Scientific Officer after the presentation.