PART OF GENOME BC 16TH ANNUAL GENOMICS FORUM
THEME: ADVANCING HEALTH OUTCOMES
The Student Biotechnology Network and Genome BC are pleased to invite BC’s scientific community to our annual Research Exchange & Poster Competition. Students from BC’s academic institutions will have an opportunity to present their research to our province’s scientific community. Cash prizes will be given for the top three posters. Students will have the opportunity to talk with researchers from academia and industry, as well as meet company representatives. Please join us for this great opportunity to showcase your research!
- Abstract submission deadline has been extended to May 16, 2018
- Abstracts must be submitted online using the Abstract Submission Form. This can be done via www.genomebc.ca or www.thesbn.ca
- Authors should be listed on the online registration form in the order they will appear on the poster
- 300 word limit.
- The project should include at least some application or reference to genomics techniques or concepts
Registration for this event is FREE. Please register for this event at Genome BC on at theSBN.ca via the form below. Registration deadline: TBD
Post-doctoral, graduate, undergraduate, as well as project and platform technology research posters from across BC are invited.
Prizes: 1st-$500, 2nd-$300, 3rd-$200
- All topics in life science, medicine, and biotechnology are eligible for the competition, including pharmaceutical science, social science and humanities approaches to innovation in life sciences. Research posters are encouraged to include a genomics approach, which may be understood broadly to include genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and bioinformatics.
- Students should be prepared to present for 5-10 minutes (includes Q&A) about their poster to the judges
- Each poster presentation will be assessed by at least two judges
- The top three poster presenters may be asked to give a short 2 minute description of their projects at the Genome BC Genomics Forum
- Breakfast, lunch, and coffee will be provided by Genome BC
The poster will be judged on content (e.g. approach to the problem, data, and conclusions) and presentation (e.g. organization, formatting).
Suggested Poster Size (NOT mandatory):
36” by 48” in landscape orientation
Suggested Font Sizes (NOT mandatory):
Main Title: 100pts
Section Headings: 50pts
Body: 25 pts
Suggested Sections (NOT mandatory):
Email info [at] theSBN.ca with the subject line “Poster Competition” with any questions.