The SBN Building Biotech is an annual event that allows BC Biotech and Life Sciences students, researchers and industry leaders to network
About this event
The SBN’s Building Biotech Expo is the leading networking event with the best and the brightest of the BC Biotech and Life Sciences industry. This year, we’ve pivoted our flagship event virtually to align with Global Biotechnology Week. This annual event continues to attract and unite 100+ students every year, along with professionals from the life sciences, pharmaceutical and clinical sectors among many others. We’ve also had the pleasure of hosting several prominent organizations as exhibitors. The result is a gathering of students and professionals, eager to share ideas and forge a strong biotech community that will help shape BC’s biotech future.
Why attend Building Biotech?
Meet with movers and shakers of some of the hottest areas in the global and local biotech sphere. If you are interested in building your network of like-minded peers and industry professionals in the life sciences and biotech area, then you should join us at our Annual Building Biotech Expo this Friday, October 1st 2021 or this exclusive opportunity.
The full day event will include:
- Keynote speakers from the Discovery Foundation and the Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology (SCWIST)
- Formal networking with students from different backgrounds and industry mentors.
- A chance to virtually visit exhibitors and leaders in BC’s life science and biotech industry during the reception.
9:00 – 9:15 AM Opening Remarks by SBN and SCWIST
9:15 – 10:15 AM Keynote on Enhancing Diversity in the Biotechnology Industry by SCWIST
10: 15 – 10:30 AM Coffee Break
10:30 – 11:30 AM Careers in Biotechnology: Panel
- This session will bring together an expert panel of scientists, medical science liaisons, entrepreneurs, and other industry professionals for a moderated Q&A.
11:30 – 12:30 PM Business Showcase Networking Session and Exhibit Hall
- This session will provide an opportunity for sponsors and attending companies to highlight their services and products in the exhibit hall. The networking session will allow attendees to join breakout rooms to speak with prospective employers.
1:30 – 3:00 PM Pitch Competition
- Mentorship program participants will each give 5-minute pitches followed by 3-minute Q&A by the judges.
3:00 – 4:00 PM Business Showcase Networking Session and Exhibit Hall
- This session will provide an opportunity for sponsors and attending companies to highlight their services and products in the exhibit hall.
4:00 – 5:00 PM Closing Ceremony and Awards Reception